sugar is our religion
- *walks into church*
- Lady: Welcome! Are you joining us for Palm Sunday service?
- NP: ... we heard there was a bake sale?
- NG: *runs, hides, cries, laughs*
I have a love-hate relationship with romanticism
When it’s done genuinely well, it’s gorgeous.
Gratuitous romanticisms of mundane occurrences for the sake of making them artistic or more interesting than they actually are = bad.
It feels like too many young creatives resort to drawing inspiration from inward experiences rather than others’ stories. Too many people find themselves fascinating, when they should spend more time figuring out why those around them are as well.
This is not how math works, but go ahead and do you, cute asian girl
every now and then
I am reminded how lucky I am to have so much love in my life.
On today’s show, economist and author, Tim Harford, tackles questions about love, sex and dating.
"This is what an opportunity cost feels like!"
The terminology in this episode SLAYS me.
a belated resolutions list
Good thing overcoming procrastination isn’t part of my list, because god knows that will never happen.
As I was telling my good friend earlier today, January is an interesting time of year. While it is so uplifting and hopeful, we are also bidding goodbye to holiday cheers, going back to work, and dealing with the coldest time of year. Here are some of the things I hope to accomplish before 2015.
- Learn to play the guitar I was given over Christmas
- Exercise regularly
- Go outside more. This new job is incredible, but it’s also very sedentary
- Apply for my American citizenship
- Save for Hong Kong/Thailand return in 2015
- Write more. Not for work, but for my own creative flow
- Take a cooking/cocktail class and Martha Stewart a meal, goddammit
- …. move out?
The last goal is a big maybe, depending on my current living situation and what our landlord decides to do/who our new potential landlord might be. Eeep. Not an entirely crazy resolutions list, which makes it all the more achievable.
MSDKAJDKSJDKABLJEWEASDS letmecatchmybreath on this entire collection though